Tuesday 5 January 2016

So far so good!

Dry January seems to sail plainly so far! No hesitation in ordering non-alcoholic equivalents in bars when I meet up with family and friends.  Also no problem substituting wine with my meals at home for lime and sodas, bitter lemons and black teas!

I recently enjoyed a mocktail, a 'Daiquiri' mocktail, adapted from the cocktail at the 1871 Bar and Lounge in Leeds.  The staff are very flexible to adapting most cocktails to mocktails. They said, however, there is one cocktail they would struggle to adapt. This is the one containing coconut, which they use Malibu Rum for its ingredient, but I think coconut water (available in shops) can be used instead.  To be sure my drink was sans alcohol I watched the bartender prepare it and even tested with a straw for its consistency.  I noted the mocktail is made up of strawberry syrup and citrus juices shaken up and coolly served in a cocktail! Looked like the real thing! It was heavenly to say the least!


My 'Daiquiri' mocktail at 1871 Bar and Lounge, Leeds


I'm meeting up with friends this weekend and looking forward to sampling some more mocktails!

No comments:

Post a Comment